French German Italian Russian
-A A +A

CalFresh Frequently Asked Questions

Word Your Are Searching For

Where are my Food Stamps?

CalFresh benefits are electronically issued to your personal Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Card. Benefits are available to you during the first ten days of the month, as long as you have turned in your paperwork on time.

My EBT Card is lost or stolen.  Can I get another one?

Yes, contact Citicorp at 1-877-328-9677, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to report a lost or stolen EBT card. A new EBT card will be issued to you, or you may contact your worker for a replacement.

Can I use the EBT Card at a grocery store in another state?

Yes, CalFresh is a Federal program.  Most stores accept the EBT Card, but if in doubt, ask the store first.

My sister and her children moved in/out.  Do I need to tell my worker?

Yes, you must report any changes to your household to your worker as soon as possible. This may affect your benefits.

What kinds of things can I buy with my CalFresh EBT Card?

CalFresh can buy food for human consumption and seeds and plants that produce foods for the household. CalFresh cannot buy: any non-food item, such as pet foods, soaps, paper products, and household supplies; alcoholic beverages and tobacco; vitamins and medicines; any food that will be eaten in the store; hot foods that are ready to eat; and any food marketed to be heated in the store.