ON-ROAD HEAVY-DUTY FLEET MODERNIZATION PROGRAM
The fleet modernization program provides incentives to replace old high pollution medium and heavy duty vehicles with newer, lower emission replacement vehicles, providing real emission benefits earlier than would have been expected attrition or regulation implementation.
- Existing vehicle must have an engine of model year 2006 or older. Existing old school buses may have an engine of any model year.
- Existing vehicle must meet the criteria for either a Medium-Heavy Duty or Heavy-Heavy Duty vehicle as defined in the 2011 CMP Guidelines.
- The existing vehicle must be in operational condition, currently registered in California for the past 24 months and in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
LOG TRUCK REPLACEMENT PROGRAM (TIMBER)
The Truck Improvement/Modernization Benefiting Emission Reductions (TIMBER) Program provides a streamlined voucher funding option to reduce emissions by replacing 2006 or older model diesel engine log trucks with 2010 or newer model diesel engine log trucks. When used to offset vehicle replacement costs, qualifying projects are eligible for up to $60,000.
More information about the TIMBER program can be found at California Air Resources Board’s TIMBER website.
Who is eligible?
Prior to applying, you must be registered in the TRUCRS database utilizing the Log Truck Phase-In compliance path, the NOx Exempt Area extension, or the Small Fleet option as defined in the Statewide Truck & Bus Regulation in the California Code of Regulations, title 13, section 2025 (m) (12), 2025 (p) (1), or 2025 (h) respectively that meet all applicable requirements will be eligible for TIMBER funding. TRUCRS account must be updated for 2017.
Application packets may be downloaded from this website or request a copy from the District office. Any individual, business, public agency or non-profit organization that is located in, or that operates within, the boundaries of the State of California. Note: Applicants are limited to a maximum of 10 TIMBER grants per fleet, per year.
If my project is selected, what next?
If your project meets the guidelines and has no outstanding violations (2011 Carl Moyer Program Guidelines, Chapter 4 section D.2), you and your selected dealership will be issued a Voucher. Funding is limited, and Vouchers will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds are expended.
- TIMBER Inspection Form
- TIMBER Reimbursement Checklist
- TIMBER Reimbursement Invoice
- TIMBER Funding Table