- District Two Home Page
- Winter Driving Operations
- Winter Maintenance & Operations
- Quick Map Most Current Info - All Counties - Chains, Road Closures, Warnings, Need to set Options each time you visit.
- District 2 Traffic Cameras
- California Highway Conditions Hourly
- California Highway Information
- RWIS Stations Map
Local Web CAMS
- All Northern CA Cams
- Southwest Oregon
- Southeast Oregon
- Ski Park Cam
- Snowman Hill
- Shasta Lake Gallery
- Oregon Department of Transportation
Road Conditions by Phone
- CHP Yreka: (530) 842-4438
- Weather Bureau: (530) 221-5613
- Cal Trans: (800) 427-7623
- Oregon Roads: (503) 588-2941
Snow Chain Requirements
- R1 - Chains, traction devices or snow tires are required on the drive axle of all vehicles except four-wheel/all-wheel drive vehicles.
- R2 - Chains or traction devices are required on all vehicles except four-wheel/all-wheel drive vehicles with snow-tread tires on all four-wheels. NOTE: four-wheel/all-wheel drive vehicles must carry traction devices in chain control areas.
- R3 - Chains required - Chains or traction devices are required on all vehicles, no exceptions.
R-1 and R-2 are the most common chain controls. The highway will often be closed before an R-3 control is imposed.