Happy Camp Airport is located within the City of Happy Camp, in western Siskiyou County. The airport is approximately 6 tenths of a mile from State Highway 96. It was activated in 1951.
The airport is open to the public and is home to a US Forest Service Helitac Base. There are restrooms available, but no other services. There are 3 small conventional hangar buildings, 8 unmarked tie-down spaces located on the apron and 2 helicopter parking positions. Elevation at the airport is 1,209 feet.
- Airport identifier: 36S
- Airport traffic frequency (CTAF or Unicom): 122.90
- Airport reference code: B-1 (small)
- There are no runway or taxiway lights or visual navigation system.
- Critical aircraft: Light-Twin
The available runway: 04/22. Runway dimensions are 3000ft x 50ft, asphalt in fair condition with estimated pavement strength of 30,000lbs. for aircraft with single-wheel main landing gear.
- Runway 04 is 1,000 feet long and inner 400 feet on airport property with fence and tree obstacles.
- Runway 22 is 1,000 feet long and inner 500 feet on airport property with tree obstacles.