Photo by Janet Coffelt
Weed Airport is located in the shadows of Mount Shasta, on Interstate 5, via Weed Airport Road (at the Edgewood Road Exit). The airport is approximately 5 miles north of the City of Weed. Airport was activated in November 1958.
The airport is open to the public. Fixed Base Operator provides services at the Weed Airport, including 100LL and Jet-A fuel (self-service), a pilot's lounge (for a fee) and restrooms. There are 15 individual hangar units and 34 marked tie-down spots on the paved apron. Elevation at the airport is 2,938 feet.
- Airport identifier is: O46
- Airport traffic frequency (CTAF or Unicom): 122.70
- Airport reference code: B-1 (small)
- Runway lights are available, PCL, Key 5 times on CTAF
- Taxiway lights at entrances only.
- Visual navigation at Weed is a rotating green and white beacon, from sunset to sunrise. PAPI's.
- Critical aircraft: Light-Twin
The available runway: 14/32. Runway dimensions are 5,000ft x 60ft, asphalt with pavement strength of 12,500lbs for aircraft with single-wheel main landing.
- Runway 14 is 1,000 feet long and all on airport property with no obstacles.
- Runway 32 is 1,000 feet long and inner 700 feet on airport property with power line obstacles.
Fixed Based Operator for Weed Airport
- Eagle's Nest Aviation, John Coffelt
- Phone: 530-938-2656
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weed Airport on AirNav.com