Butte Valley Airport is located in eastern Siskiyou County; 6 miles south of the City of Dorris, just west of US Highway 97. The airport was activated in May 1950.
The airport is open to the public. The airport is unmanned and there are no services or hangar spaces. 6 tie-down spaces on the apron are available. Elevation at the airport is 4,239 feet.
- Airport identifier: A32
- Airport traffic frequency (CTAF or Unicom): 122.90
- Airport reference code: B-1 (small)
- Runway lights are available; key 5 times on CTAF.
- Visual navigation aide at Butte Valley is a white-green, rotating beacon, active from dusk-dawn.
- Critical aircraft: Light-Twin
The available runway: 16/34. Runway dimensions are 4,300ft x 60ft. Runway weight limit is restricted to 12,500lbs or less.
- Runway 16 is 1,000 feet long and inner 300 feet on airport property with road obstacles.
- Runway 34 is 1,000 feet long and inner 150 feet on airport property with tree obstacles.