We Are Here to Serve the Public By:
- Developing the County budget. This includes working with operating departments to develop their individual budgets as well as the various budgets that this Department oversees. Staff monitors and makes recommendations for budget changes throughout the fiscal year.
- Providing staff management and oversight for the Board of Supervisors' budget, personnel/labor relations program, risk management program, purchasing program, workers' compensation program, legislative program, as well as the other cost centers managed by this department.
- Providing staff time necessary to review and make recommendations on issues requiring Board of Supervisors' attention. Staff supports Board members in areas of general/specific County operations, budgets, and general administration.
- Providing support to operating departments for any questions concerning operations, budgets, and general County administration.
- Providing staff time necessary to research and provide recommendations to the Board concerning proposed state and federal legislation.
- Working with California State Association of Counties (CSAC) and other state/regional associations on legislative and policy issues directly affecting County operations and fiscal activities.
- Representing the County and the Board at legislative hearings, before other governmental agencies, service groups, and community organization.
- Representing the County and the Board in negotiating for acquiring and disposing of property, negotiating leases and concessions, and negotiating revenue distributions in annexations.