The Adult and Juvenile Units of the Siskiyou County Probation Department use the latest in evidence based practices to monitor, assess, and educate probationers. Working in conjunction with the Sheriff's Department they are improving the lives and success of probationers and early release participant with work experience, group and individual counseling, journaling, and education.
Our mission is to provide quality investigations to the Siskiyou County Superior Court, enforce Court orders, hold offenders accountable, promote positive change in offender behavior through evidence based practices and assist in restoring victims.
Statement of Values
- Three Juvenile Probation Officers and two probation aides - One Intensive Supervision Officer, One Intakee/Supervision Officer and One Placement Officer
- Eight Adult Probation Officers and two probation aides - Two officers are dedicated to intake and the rest have various caseloads.
- Two Senior Probation Officers - One assigned to Adult Probation and one assigned to Juvenile Probation to supervise caseloads, interstate compacts, reports, and function at each unit.
Charlie Byrd Youth Corrections Center Key Facts
- Three commitment programs at the facility
- Excellent education provided by the Siskiyou County Office of Education
- Culinary arts program
- Horse therapy
- Individual and group therapy, journaling, counseling