Links to other
- Army Corp of Engineer
- Sacramento River Drainage (916) 557-5250
- Klamath River Drainage (415) 774-3020
- US Forest Service
- Library of Congress
A-Z Index of U.S. Government Information
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) radically changed how
governments design buildings. The next wave of ADA compliance is going
to revolutionize how governments design web sites.
Nearly one in five Americans has a disability, according to the
President's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities. Not all
disabilities affect access to information technologies such as the web,
but many do. Regardless, few web sites are being built with the disabled
in mind. A recent study by Civic Resource Group examining county web
sites in California found only six percent passed the most basic
accessibility standard set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
As the federal government considers revising the ADA and other federal
laws to include the Internet, local, state, and federal web sites will
need to address ADA compliance.
- Bobby is a web based tool that analyzes web pages for their
accessibility to people with disabilities.
http://www.cast.org/bobby/ Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act requires access to the Federal
government's electronic and information technology.
- The Access Board is an independent federal agency devoted to accessible
design for people with disabilities.
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) develops interoperable technologies
to lead the web to its full potential. http://www.w3c.org
- Civic Resource Group provides internet solutions to the civic sector.
Community & Government Services
- Child Protection Services - Phone: (530) 842-7009
- Siskiyou Domestic Violence Program - Phone: (530) 842-4068
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Mt. Shasta - Phone: (530) 926-4353
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Phone: (530) 498-5525
- Better Business Bureau Hot Line - Phone: (916) 443-6843
- STAGE - Phone: 842-8295 or 1-800-247-8243
- Fish and Game, Yreka - Phone: (530) 841-2555, Mt. Shasta - Phone: (530) 926-5764
- California Dept. of Forestry - Phone: (530) 842-3516
- U. S. Forest Service - Phone: (530) 842-6131
- Highway Patrol - Yreka Phone: (530) 841-2505, Mt. Shasta - Phone: (530) 926-2627
- Siskiyou County Behavioral Health - Phone: (530) 841-4100
- Siskiyou County Rape Crisis Line - Phone: (530) 842-4068
- Senior Citizen's Services - Phone: (800) 510-2020 (530) 842-1687
- Social Security - Phone: (888) 366-6145
- Voter's Registration - Phone: (530) 842-8086
- Worker's Compensation, California - Phone: (530) 223-7000