Public Health Division Mission Statement
To promote and improve the health and wellness of the people of Siskiyou County through community empowerment and meaningful partnerships.
Public Health Division Vision Statement
The goal of Siskiyou County Public Health Division is to promote individual and community wellness, effectively monitor and evaluate health status, and develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts. It is our goal to accomplish this through confidential and respectful services, health education, prevention and outreach.
What is Public Health?
Public health promotes and protects the health of people and the communities where they live, learn, work and play.
The 10 Essential Public Health Services
The 10 Essential Public Health Services describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake and serve as the framework for the NPHPS instruments. Public health systems should:
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.